Tuesday, March 8, 2005

it was a day

The sun was shining so it was easier to be at work today.  I've really not felt like working at all ... we all have come to the conclusion it's the COLD!

Anyway, yesterday 2 different drivers called me over to critize my driving .  One said I cut a corner too close, and the other (a trainer) told me she saw me run a stop sign.  Now the corner I can deal with, the stop sign?  NO WAY!  It is a very busy intersection that I know better than to ever run that sign.  I go through there 2 times a day.  Hmmm who knows?

This afternoon a cement truck tore a mirror off a bus, the bus driver had a police officer right behind him so hopefully it wasn't his fault.  This is the time of year when there are a lot of construction vehicles out there.  This all adds to the daily madness.

One of my alternative boys went to jail on Friday, I felt bad for him, and told him good luck and patted him on the back.  Hopefully it will be his last stay, it's for 6 months, but I doubt it.  The kid has a lot of issues.

It always makes me sad to see this.  So many children that are so lost. That's why I do what I do...try to make their day a little brighter and to let them know that at least one human being cares....because I do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad YOU are the one driving the bus. Too many people drive school buses for the money, which it a pitiful amount...and they really don't like kids. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I never took a school bus to school growing up. But if I did, I'd have wanted a driver just like you.
Keep doing the great job that you are doing. I know you bring a smile to many a childs heart.

God Bless.
TiasNme2

Anonymous said...

It must be hard for you to deal with things like that from kids that you end up getting to know.  I give you a lot of credit.  At least you will leave a mark on their lives.  Maybe that will help him in the future.  KJ