Wednesday, March 23, 2005

1 more day!

One more day ... that 's tomorrow and we are off for SPRING BREAK!  Whoo hooo!  I am so excited and so are the kids.  It's Wednesday so they have finally calmed down.  They started the weeks so wound up.  At least the grade school kids have been having recess, but the weather is still awful!  Cold and windy with a very slight chance of some snow.  Still haven't put the long johns or the sweatshirts away yet!

We just hired 4 new drivers and a monitor...so that's good.  Takes the pressure off those of us healthy types that never miss work.  We also elected new Union reps.  The old President had a lot of health issues, but I  got along with him.

Liz wants to go to the Field Museum in Chicago next week, they have an exhibt called Body works, with real human specimens.  I told a girl at work this and she want's to go with us.  Which is very weird for me.  I usually don't hang out with a lot of people.  I know a lot of people, but I usually only hang out with my hubby and my kids.  Mark told me when we got married he'd turn me into morning person and make me more social...I am better about being up...but I'd rather stay up late, and I am trying to be more social...I guess I am a better co-worker because I stopped gripping so much about my life.  Makes me a much better person.  So maybe people want to be around me.  Hmmmmm....I think I got the connection.  Actually I have always had no problem being with people as I am very outgoing and a big time talker to the point of annoying my family.  But who cares that's me!  And they are stuck with me!!

Breaks almost over...gotta go get the kindergarteners!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!! Spring Break!! I hear ya!! Enjoy it  :)

Robyn

Anonymous said...

That YAHOO I heard must have been from parents in every state. lol I loved my children but did look forward to those school breaks. Had nothing to do with love..and everything to do with keeping my sanity. lol .*Barb*

Anonymous said...

Rose, i would love to hang out with you anytime, anywhere. But that may never happen so we can be social together online. You must be a very patient person to handle a bus load of rambunctious kiddies.....i am glad Spring Break is almost here. It starts on Friday here in Ohio also.
Hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you get some wieght off of you.  Hope the holidays are great for you.  Enjoy the time off as well.  You deserve a break.  Happy Easter!  KJ