Wednesday, January 5, 2005

SNOW!!!!!!!!!

Oswego, IL

Local WeatherNational WeatherWeather Maps

AOL Weather Alert Close Weather Alert !!! Weather Alert !!! WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST (7 AM EST) THURSDAY  

 

All day long the kids have been saying "snow day snow day!"

It's been snowing off and on since last night, with some freezing rain to add to the mix.

I had a rural route last year so I am used to driving in slippery conditions...you just drive slower!  And remember you are driving something at is very big!

Twice last year I watch people spin out into ditches right before my eyes (as I prayed, please God please God don't let them hit me!, they didn't)

This afternoon I helped search for a Junior high kid.  The kid didn't show up at home so all the bosses, and who ever was nearby goes on alert to search for the child.

The police were called, but..as soon as mom, the police and my boss all converged on this kid's apartment...poof the kid showed up...he was at a friend's house...which is usually how these things turn out. 

Another driver slid into another bus in our line ups at the High school...

And I am pooped, driving in this weather is very stressful, but all and all if I had to be driving in this weather I'd pick the 27,000 pound bus anytime.  And other driver's on the road tend to not flip you off when you are driving slow.  You have to be extra careful and safe, because others are not...and after all I am carrying special cargo...your children!!

The most percious thing we have!

So dear friends we shall see if tomorrow is a snow day....who knows the weather forecaster could be right!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a missing kid at my sons school a few weeks ago too. And it turns out he was hungry and decided to walk home to eat.

Anonymous said...

glad the kid showed up!  I can imagine how stressful this time of year is with the weather....but you're right, noone gets mad at a busdriver for driving slow, properly really, you should slow down when the weather is bad!

have a great week Rose!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I am a school busdriver from Wilmington Delaware. I have been driving for 4 years now. I just had to comment on how interesting your journal entries are. I can definitely relate to your feelings regarding alot of issues. You also seem to have the same attitude as I do when it comes to handling the day-to-day operations of being a school busdriver. It doesn't have to be a stressful job. It's only as stressful as one allows it to be. In fact, I actually enjoy it most of the time. It's quite an experience and at times a challenge.    Lisa-BSD#31