Saturday, January 8, 2005

Every since I started journaling I have had this infatuation with looking for cool pictures, graphics and clip art.  I found this bus on E-Bay ... they want $7000.00 for it and it's newer than the bus I drive (by 10 years) and has less miles (by 30 thousand)!  The inside looks better than mine too!! 

Hmmmm......:D  15 hours left to bid....

Which brings me to the 2nd half of my week.  We did not have a snow day.  = ( , but that's ok because I had fun driving in the snow.  And for once the junior high girl with the attitude didn't whine about how cold it was in my bus.  My bus is always cold because she is the first stop and it hasn't warmed up yet..plus she never wears shoes (flip flops) or a proper coat.  Geez some of my high school kids didn't even wear coats!!!

I should have known better than to talk to the high school kids, now they think I am human and they can try and talk me into making new bus stops close to their houses...no way...I am not their friend...nor am I a push over...I always tell them to have their parents call the bus barns...that usually stops them...easy enough to push the dirty work onto the higher ups...I never try and be these kids friends nor their enemy ... they will turn on you in a heart beat...This one girl who always swears moved up front yesterday and was complaining about the boys talking about getting high after school, and I am like, "so? as long as they don't do it on the bus,"  Then she's trying to shock me by saying..."you'd be shocked to see how many of them come to school stoned"...hmmmm sorry little girl I grew up in the 70's most of the very High school she attends was stoned then!!  Kids they think that they are so unique...silly kids...

One of my alternative kids is going to jail...he has to go to drug rehab first...another one is trying finish up so she can get off probation, get a job before she has her baby in May...one of them just got probation for bring a pipe to school...very sad too, because the one going to jail will just sit, but this kid is 18 and has been this way since he was 5...very sad.

Today I had it rough on my field trip...J/K!!, first I dropped Liz off at the school for her speech meet...then I drove around back to the bus barns, got bus 74 D.O.T'd, which by the way is a BRAND NEW BUS!, it has electric doors and all kinds of new modern gizmos on it.  I was a bit freaked by it first, but after I got used to the breaks I was good.  The other 2 juniors all went this trip...it was a wrestling tournament.  The school was about 15 minutes away.  When we got there the other 2 drivers and I went to breakfast...I had biscuits and gravy *yum*.  Then we went back and watched the meet for a while...I caught up with an old neighbor...then I went in the bus turned the heat on and took a hour and 1/2 nap...went back in to meet and then gathered the boys up and left...I worked a total of 9 1/2 hours...if you call that work...that's why I love my job!  How many people do you know who get to get paid to sit and wait??  Plus the coach walked the bus and picked up the garbage (very little).

Ahhhh such a hard life of a bus driver!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I said before, Rose, these kids are blessed to have YOU for their driver and in their lives. It's a shame how many of them get loaded and their parents don't even know. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

It has got to be hard to watch so many kids grow up and at the same time watch how some of them fall hard.  I don't know if I could do that and not be heart broken by it.  I give you alot of credit.  KJ

Anonymous said...

Girl, if you were a simple minded fool, you could really get caught up in some adolescent drama.  My sister used to and it drove me crazy.  Thank God you have your wits about you.  A double yummy yummy with the biscuits and gravy.  Where did you have it?  There was a place in Texas, I cannot rememeber the name now, maybe Granny's, it was sort of like a fast food place, but a little expensive for fast food, mmmmm it had good biscuits and gravy.  

Was that bus 7000 or beginning bid at 7000, now I know how people get buses to live in.

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

hmmm $7000 seems cheap for a bus, no?  I love your new busdriving journal Rose!  

:-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl