Saturday, January 15, 2005

my stop sign won't go out wahhhh!!

Clipart Illustration of a School Bus Stop Another brrrr cold day and with the cold comes all the problems that mechanical things have when it's so cold.  When the temperature is 10 or below the mechanics start our buses for us so I was ahead when I came in.  My bus is old so it takes forever to heat up...so I wore long johns, sweats and a pair of jogging pants on top, along with 2 shirts and a sweatshirt and heavy coat, later I got a scarf, because the wind was wicked and besides it hurt. And of course there were the Junior high kids standing out at their stops with bare legs and wet hair frozen to their heads, and high school boys with no coats... One kid did say, "hey bus driver I got my coat!" My new high school friend, that now sits up front away from the pot talk showed me her new tongue stud, ICK!  I have tattoos and I am all for being different but your tongue???  Way to dangerous, I mean you could die if that gets infected!  There's still all sorts of talk at work like last summer about us losing our jobs and the District contracting us out...you know it's weird being on this side of the fence.  Four years ago I voted no for a tax raise for the schools...now??  My job is on the line and I am not so sure what I should do. The last tax hike wasn't going to cut so deep though.  Kids will lose so much now.   We shall see, if we are contracted out I could work for the company that takes us over, but that would mean less pay, less hours, etc...as I said we shall see how this comes to pass. Until then...I am going to go cuddle up in a warm blanket...Monday's a paid holiday and I have a 3 day weekend.  

No comments: