Saturday, October 8, 2005

football

I took the football team from the new high school to Morris last night.  Morris is known for being very tough and our kids are a new school with only Sophmores & Juniors on their Varsity team.  So let it be said that it was very one sided game

61-0

A couple of the boys were pretty beat up, one kid had a headache and a couple of of them were limping.  But they are a brand new team they'll get better.  They all were very well behaved on the bus too.  They actually said, "wow we have a cool bus driver"

I didn't have time to get a new bus to drive the 30 miles down there so I took my old girl, 30.  It was a little tough at stops getting her to get going because of the 40 very big boys onboard, but we were fine. 

I actually enjoyed the trip.  My first football trip and I'd do it again. 

The other 3 buses were the onces the school district contracts out.  I made friends with them and played cards to pass the time, as it was really really cold, and the game was pitiful so I hung out on their warm bus.

I have a field trip on Monday to the Botanical Gardens in Chicago...which I will really really LOVE!

Have a safe one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna go to Chicago tomorrow too!!! Lucky girl!!
XO lisa jo