Wednesday, October 12, 2005

1/2 day whoo hooo

Half a day -- AND it's already Wednesday.  I am still feeling sorta funky, really chapped lips and actually I am in need of a break...I did the whole Field trip thing Monday and it was beautiful.  I bit early for fall colors, but it was serene and being outdoors was great.  Plus my headache from whatever bug I have wasn't too bad.  The only thing to break up the beauty of some of the sites such as the Japanese Gardens was the screaming of little kids...ah gotta love such places on School holidays, everybody thinks that their 3 year old will enjoy culture at such a wee young age...next time how bout the zoo??  Otherwise chatted with some old ladies, and people watched besides enjoying the Rose garden, the sensory garden plus others. 

The only bad part was the 2 hour ride up there...the tollway was under it's usual construction, and I am big so I can't zip around like the small cars....but it was a great day.

My supervisor also signed me up for 2 days (so far this week) of bus evacs.  They are fun too, except when the kids try to dive out the back door...

 

Again, I will have a very nice check...Mark's been working full weeks too, my goal is to be caught up bill-wise by Christmas, in time for his layoff...looks like it should happen.

I am off to catch up on journals and then a walk, my neighborhood is finally coloring up!

No comments: