Thursday, May 19, 2005

big bad storm

Well it's been a lonnnng week, we were retrained for the summer session and I had a field trip today that involved a preschool teacher telling me where to park and such.  I parked where I thought I would be safe and she blamed me for 'running' late back to the school.  Oh well it all worked out.

Then on the home trip in the PM< I had 3 alternative kids to take home.  On is very obnoxious but in an innocent way.  He likes my attention so he agreed to get dropped off last.  In the meantime a huge storm blew in about 10 miles west of where we were at.  I mean it was blowing, hailing and raining like mad.  Drivers were calling in saying they were pulling off the road.  They were calm compared to the dopes that kepted calling on the radio with the "spinning cloud" sightings and clouds that had long tips that were reaching the ground.   Ish these freaks weren't even in the storm and they were freaking out and pulling off the road and running for cover and they didn't even have kids on their buses.

My charges and I went to the 2nd kid's house and used the phone to figure out what really was going on.  And after a quick bathroom break we were off to his house. With only a wet mad dash to the bus.

I have learned in my life that freaking out only causes panic...staying calm...works wonders. 

And I am safe...and so are the kids...have a great day all...

 

ONLY 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that you are safe Rose.  And thank you for the support that I needed.  I hope the rest of your ten days goes by without a hitch.  KJ

Anonymous said...

Rose, any child on your bus on the way home from school is a safe child. You are the best!! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

So glad you and the kids are safe!! why did the drivers pull over, what is that going to do?? I would be like, let me get these kids home safe, instead of in my bus with me!!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

I TOLD you that you're a blessing, hon. HA! And you thought I was just flattering you. NOPE! I wasn't. I know you love your job, but so many bus drivers are there because they need a job; too many don't care that much for kids, and are not as good with them.Hugs, hon. *Barb

Anonymous said...

I hate driving in storms.  I am bling enough as it is.  LOL Nicki

Anonymous said...

u are the kind of bus driver i would want my kids to hvae...being calm, cool and collected is safer for everyone involved...especially the kids..if they see the bus driver all in a panic then they will get panicy also and that will only affect your driving...so u are the kind of driver all mothers wish their children would have! i bet u are excited for the summer to finally get here! have a nice evening..

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings