Thursday, January 26, 2006

I spoke too soon

My morning went great!  Kids were a bit wound up because it was warm and sunny, no problem.

Then my midday...I have a early childhood route that is made up of a bring home from am -- 8 boys ages 4 and 5.  After I drop them off to their homes I pick up 7 more and take them in to the pm session.  During my bring him route I am driving along and my monitor Julie says, "Rose!  K just threw up!"  This poor little guy was in what is called a star seat, which is booster type car seat.  And boy did he barf!  Luckly for me and him he was the next drop off.  Oh yeah poor Julie!  That girl does an awesome job. 

After that some goofy people decided to hit each other and block our way to the school.  The police had our road closed.  We were late and I went to the door that you go to when you are late, guess that door wasn't the right one TODAY and I got the 'look' from the teacher.  But no worries, they all got taken in to school safe and sound

Fortunately, my afternoon went better.  Plus the lovely cleaning lady helped me clean up the puky car seat.  She doesn't speak English.

Thank God I wasn't the poor bus driver in Florida who had their bus hit by a car that was hit by a semi.  So sad.  Bus drivers worst nightmare.

TGIF!  tomorrow that is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great friday with no sick kids.
Hugs, R.c.