Monday, November 7, 2005

my poor old bus

Poor old bus 30 is really starting to feel her years.  My bus is a 1995 International.  At our district usually buses last 10 years and they are traded in.  Mine has 142,000 miles on it.  It burps, it belches, it hesitates, but it still goes.  Today the emergency brake light stayed on after I released the brake.  Hmmm....hopefully the old girl will make it through the winter.  We have great mechanics so I am sure it will!

My two naughty girls come back from vacation.  It's been a relatively peaceful week, so hopefully the break gave them a new attitude.  One can hope right?

Our district has enough buses now to take the Early childhood routes back.  My parents during my midday were all confused.  They didn't understand that I will still have them during the midday they will just have a different driver taking them to school or if they go in the PM bringing them home.  Just wait and see how confused they will be in 2 weeks when we have two 5 hour days...they will really have a time then!  I don't blame them, these are young mothers trusting us with their preschool kids in a huge yellow bus.  But my monitor and I do all we can to reassure them.  We have teenagers, we know real fear, these mothers have so much to look forward to! ;)

Oh yeah this morning when I was stopped with my stop arm out all my lights flashing, while picking up my junior high kids a car actually went around my bus to pass me!  This is both illegal and very dangerous!  I didn't get the tag number but I saw it was from California.  That person better hope I never see that car again, because I am watching for it!  AND reporting them! 

I am off to go back to work!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OM , that just makes me crazy when I see some one pass a stoped bus. I can imagine how you feel. What are people thinking? It's so sad that the world is full of morons and most of them have a drivers licences.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

You go kick some butt, Rose. Darn Cali drivers!!!   I even care about old Bus 30 so i hope shes ok now. You are the best! Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey. Sounds like another person toiling in the trenches of school bus transportation. Like you I have the week off, err, now it is only 2 more days till the dreaded back to school blues!

I drive a 2005 International 66 passenger. With a child check reminder in the back. Bus runs nice except for the time I blew the turbo on a sports trip an hour from home. It only has 25,000 miles (or so depending on how much they used it this week while I was off).