Saturday, November 19, 2005

better week

This week was much better.  The kids must of ran out of Halloween candy because I found a lot less wrappers and they were way less rowdy.  I haven't been signing up for any extra work.  It's time to enjoy the holidays. 

It's been very cold and windy here lately.  Wind gusts of 40 mph, and temps in the 20's.   Makes for a very cold trip in old bus #30.  She's a slow start, but I've learned to wear long johns and bundle up.  Too bad the kids don't get that.  They are still hanging out at the bus stop in hoodies (which I call hooded sweatshirts) worn backward covering their arms only, and not much else.  Although those furry scarves are still in style so a few of the girls have those.  But they are for decorative purposes only.  They love to whine about how cold the bus is.  You just can't teach a junior high kid anything!

My early childhood kids are all getting the sniffles, so Friday I sprayed down my bus...no sense in leaving the evidence at the scene of the crime, especially since one little guy likes to pick his nose and whip it on my seats...luckily my monitor usually catches him in the act.  JOY!

 

Have a great weekend...I only have Monday and Tuesday to work next week, and they are both 5 hour school days!  YiPPPEEE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, short week and all. Enjoy every minute of it.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Boogers on the seats? UGH.
Today is your last day this week! Woo Hoo for you! I pray you and yours have lots of good food and happiness on Thurs.
LOVE YOU, lisa jo