Saturday, November 12, 2005

A long week, again!

It was another long week.  What we really need is a nice hard freeze so all the germy germs that are being passed around can freeze and die.  I woke up AGAIN stuffed up, but I feel fine so that's good, especially for a Saturday day off.  My week started out fine,  the kids were pretty well behaved, BUT they decided to end it with a bang.

This week was the week the all the new routes started.  These are early childhood and alternative school routes which are all door to door pick ups.  Mostly new drivers picked these routes.  I did not bid on them because frankly I am getting somewhere with my groups and I like my work hours.  There were a bunch of new route mess ups but the week seemed to be fine.

I had a few of my early childhood moms that I have on my Midday not understanding what was happening, but my monitor and I are able to communicate (wow what a concept) daily to them so they were reassured.  It's so cute one of the moms was asking us about her son's rash on his face, we were trying to give her some suggestions.  These moms trust us with their little ones so I try hard to do the best I can with their children.

Yesterday afternoon, my grade school kids were really super loud.  Seems the 5th graders had their SEX talk at school and they were discussing it, it wasn't inappropriate just LOUD!  I told them once again, that assigned seats were on the horizon, that they needed to be responsible and keep each other in check.  The thing is 4 of them have safety patrol jobs (remember those little belts in school?) and they are the worst ones on my bus!  One 5th grade boy talked back to me on his way off the bus, we WILL be having a discussion on Monday, I do not tolerate disrespect, ever.  It'll be ok though kids will be kids.  I feel I am part of the teaching process and if I can get this group to be responsible by choice not force I will feel like a success.

Oh yeah, I broke my poor bus again!  My emergency brake is a long handle that I pull down at my stops and when I park.  There is no such thing as PARK on a bus like a car so we have to use this brake every time.  Mine snapped last year and again yesterday.  :::sigh::: poor old 30!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to start adding Bus 30 to my prayers!! LOL      Be gentle Rose! Those kids better listen to you or you are gonna teach them a thing or two, huh? I hope you are doing great. LOVE YOU, lj

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a long week to me. You sound like someone I'd want to be driving my kids to school.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

That little smart mouth kid better S.T.F.U.  Okay, I know that was not nice, I am sorry. LOL!

Do you really think the cold will freeze the germs or just make you sick and cold.  I have had a cold, cough, sore throat (the worse part) for three weeks now.  It really does get old, so I feel your pain and so sorry for you.

Ah the sex talk.......good times....good times....