Tuesday, August 9, 2005

summer's route winding down

I am doing some premature planning for next week.  Meaning I plan on kicking back with a big glass of iced tea and just rest.   My summer route ends this Friday and for a girl who is used to having summers off I am ready for some time to myself...well it won't be all rest, but I can at least putter around the house.

Last week at the school I was sitting in line with my student.  All the different schools, bus services and varies mode of transporting special needs kids are all waiting in line to drop the children off in the morning.  Some like to cut in line, or park across the street from the school in the business parking lot and walk their kids across.  Which is no problem for me...I am all about minding my own business.  My little guy likes to sit in back and sometimes because the wait is long he messes with the door handle.  It's a long red thin bar and when it's lifted it buzzes for the emergency door.  I tell him to stop and he does.  WELL, the driver behind me saw this and decided that since I was reading a magazine I must not be tending to my student properly.  So she walks to my bus and says, "that little boy in the back is messing with the door", I saw her coming in my mirror, knew what she was going to say and said, "oooooooooh ok thank you".  So this busy body decides to tell the administrator at the school.  UGH!  Which in turn he calls my supervisor.  My supervisor talks to me and  says "oh ... I figured you had it handled"

One thing that bugs the life out of me is people who can't mind their own business.  The very next day as we were waiting to pick up she gets out of her bus, which was behind me again...and promptly lights up...right in front of the SCHOOL!!!!

 I just ignored the woman, I am a professional bus driver, and if she thinks it's her job to police the other school's bus drivers, she got enough to do because there's a lot to police starting with her own bus.

AH days off....looking foward to the break....3more days, 3 more days....

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I can tell u are ready for a break. I cant stand nosey people either. Some ppl just like to start trouble. Cute bear graphic

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -

I've been to a few schools with similar drop-off and pick-ups.  They are always driving crazy...with drivers always in a hurry and in a "me first" mind frame.  You gotta keep your eyes open.  This woman sounds like she is ready for summer to begin too and school-shuttling to be over.  This crazy heat we have had is making everybody irritable.  I'm glad that your boss knows you best and brushed this off.

I was in the "bus washing" phase today with our school.  With the temps climbing well over 90 degrees, and a 6 hour shift, it was a miserable job to do.  Good thing we start at 6AM.  But heck, being low-girl on the seniority list, I guess I gotta put my hand up and pitch in and do some of this dirty work.  

You're now down to 3 more days, Rose.   You can do it!!!!   You go girl, get that iced tea a-chillin!!!!!

Kathy G.