Tuesday, April 12, 2005

It's raining

 It's raining and it's that cold windy raining that just blows right through you!  The nice thing is that the kids are a lot less hyper.  And glad to to see you, beats getting wet standing at the bus stop.

I found out that we are having some bus cuts, but only some schools because there are so many schools now and they want all the grade schools to start at the same time instead of having staggard times like they do now.  We shouldn't have any worrys about our jobs until contract time next year.  Then it will be all about demands which we should be happy with what we have~which is a very good benefit plan.  My big problem with busing in this community is the parents.  My children never had busing here, now the grade school kids have busing because my community won't pay to have a crossing guard at the busy corners.  What this is doing is creating fat lazy kids that now get a ride to school instead of walking.  Makes me very sad.

I guess it's the way of the the world, folks are so worried about somebody kidnapping their kids on the way to school that they over protect them.

Today was cool in that a little girl on the grade school route had a cookie dough fund raiser....yum!  I ordered turtle pie cookie dough YUM!!

So the sun will be out tomorrow and hopefully be warmer, plus it's an early dismissal day so I'll be busy but out early...cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right about this, Rose.My sister and I walked to and from school, which was over 3 miles. True, it was safe then, but our grandchildren walk to school and back home, which is 2 miles. Oh, sometimes they grumble but they are told that exercise is good for them. That IS sad, that the bussing will make fatter kids. Too much of that happening. I see it everywhere.  *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that they hated standing in that cold rain.  Shoo I would have.  Hope everything goes well.  Lots of Love, Nicki

Anonymous said...

so rose, when school is done, are you off for the summer too?

~www.jerseygirljournal.com