Saturday, April 9, 2005

A good week

I had a good week.  Nothing like the sunshine to brighten up your days.  Yesterday I did bus evacuations.  The other driver didn't show up right away so I had to do both classes which really filled up my bus.  Turns out he went to the wrong school.  His excuse was that he had done too many tirps this week and was tired.  Too tired to read your sheet to tell you where to go???  I had a piece of metal sticking up by my back exit the one we use to practice the drill.  The kids sit down and drop down out of the bus.  If they do it the proper way.  The bigger kids try and hop out.  Anyway this poor little girl ripped her pants on the metal piece, at least she didn't get cut.  So my wayward busdriver pounded the piece down for me.  At least he was good for something.  He said he doesn't like to do the drills and I am like why did you volunteer???

The kids are still really wound up because of the weather.  I got a new high school girl from Arizona.  A couple of the other girls on the bus all gather around her and said, 'oh are you new, well welcome' , which I thought was so sweet, but then they proceeded to say, "Oh we hate it here, we wish we could go back to our old school".  I said "hey stop wrecking things for this poor girl, let her find out for herself, besides, I 've been here for 47 years and it's not that bad!"  Then of course they tried to kiss up by saying "you don't like that old!" 

I have always been told I look younger than my years...I think it's because I act so young.  It's all a state of mind.

And this state of mind is going to enjoy this day off!  It's Saturday!!!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderfully delightful way of putting a funny note on your day.  I couldn't help but laugh a little.  But in a good way.  Kids are so funny how they all try to conform.  Have a wonderful day.  Lots of Love, Nicki

Anonymous said...

so glad that girl didn't cut her leg, and it was just the pants, my goodness!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

Cute graphic , Rose. I'm glad your week went well. It's hard to imagine it going well when you deal with so many kids. But you love them and they know it. That alone makes a lot of difference. AND...you are good at what you do. Hugs. *Barb*