Friday, February 4, 2005

LOOOOONG sickly WEEK~

Ask anybody who works with kids the worst time of the year and they will say NOW!!  The little germy critters are sent to school sick ...and either pass their sickness around or barf on the bus.  Fortunately for me no one barfed but I have a nasty cold and am at the part where my nose is running like a faucet.  I don't dare call in sick as many people don't think we will have a job after the referendum so they are using their sick days...ah ye of such little faith!!

Also, early this week I was merrily walking into work thinking, "wow my life may be unsettled right now but at least I have my job!"...then my boss calls me into her office and says, "The state has audited your license and you have to be retested by the state"  Meaning, because my bus service has a 3rd party tester (not the state) they are checking to make sure she is doing her job.  Ish I just got my license a year ago.  Licensing for bus drivers is CDL, with a  passenger endorsement, and school bus endorsement.  At least I don't have to take the 3 written tests.  But I do have to show that I know how to do a DOT, which is a through check of the equipment and bus condition, and a skills test.  I should be fine, but I am now in RE training for over an hour everyday...which with a cold stinks...but I'll live.

Anyway, the weather is turning warmer and with it brings spring fever in the little ones.  They really get wound up ... but that's ok they're kids, right??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew there was so much to driving a bus.  I just thought you get a CDL and you are set.  Hope you get to feeling better soon!  ~Nikki