Tuesday, May 2, 2006

24 more days!

The break room at my base (my work) has a black board (it's green) and on it says 24 more days of school.  The kids sure are acting like it's the last month of school.  I did rearrange my grade school route, and assigned some of the kids seats.  The good kids in the back can sit wherever, the 4th & 5th grade girls the middle of the bus so the "little" kids won't bug them, and the seat jumping kids in the front.  Every single day I get an argument from a 5th grader who is too big for his boots (his parents are going through a divorce), and a 3rd grade who loves to copy the other kids.  It's actually worked as fair as bus management goes.  That and giving them a written referral, let them argue with the assistant principal. 

Everybody has been coming into work too, which means we have extra drivers.  So I have had ride along standby drivers and monitors go with me.  I'd say half of them think that it is their job to tell me how to do mine.  Or they sit and scream at the kids to sit down.  The ones who are good usually just sit and talk to my kids and keep them busy.  Thank God somebody knows how to deal with kids.  Makes mine easier.

This will be the last month with the OLD bus 30.  She's a good old girl who's time has come to retire.  The bus has a side door, which they don't make anymore because kids were opening it and falling out.  Thank God that's never happened to me!!  Hopefully, next school year I'll get the NEW bus 30!!

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go tell those bosses you are # 1 and demand the new #30!
My kids get out 6/2.  
LOVE YOU,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hang in there the days will go fast.
Hugs, R.C.