Friday, May 19, 2006

School is out in 11 more days and boy are the kids getting nutty!  Along with my town ripping up the roads and digging ditches for new sewers (makes my job all the more exciting!) not much else new.  My new junior high route is going fine.  They all stay seated which is a big help.  The old driver had assigned seats which I am not a big fan of.  I told them that I was now their driver and I my goal was to get them home in a safe manner, if they can behave and stay seated we'd all get along great.  So far so good.

After having a few issues with my methods of discipline I will take a look at how my year went and do some things different next school year.  For instance I will NOT give a ton of warnings to kids.  I will let the schools handle this, some kids do not respond to being nice, especially junior high with their raging hormones.  Grade school kids I WILL assign seats, many of these kids use the bus as a gym, they argue with me and assigning seats will help with crowd control!

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes smooth the last 11 days. It will be over before you know it.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Yes..how we drivers love to count the days.  We have 12 days left here at Brandywine School District in Wilmington DE .  It's been a long year.  For most of the year we have had to double runs.  I have been stuck doing other runs in between the ones I normally do for my route.  Which really stinks because otherwise it would be my free time.  What is worse is that doing this usually makes me late to get my own kids.  And to boot, they are never happy when they have to wait.  They wanna know "WHY ARE YOU LATE?!!"  I usually tell them that I was off sleeping in my bus or at the race track and forgot to come and get them!  It seems as though nobody truly understands what us busdrivers go through except other busdrivers.  Why is that?  Well, anyway..like your friend said "It's almost over!"  Oh yeah!!!!!   So I think that I can hang and then look out..END OF THE YEAR PARTY!!!  CELEBRATE  FREEDOM!!!!