Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I am off for Good Friday.  This week we started Bus evacuation drills with the school.  I always particapate.  It's a great way to meet the teachers and the kids from the area schools.  This year was the first time I did a High school gym class.  Basically they know the drill, but I did explain how to open some of the doors on the newer buses.  I also reminded them to NOT smoke on the bus.  Most of them did not know how fast a bus can burn.  Plus they tend to try and dive out the back door. 

Spring is here, so is spring sports.  I am bidding on Saturday trips now and I have a soccer game next Saturday.  Extra money is always a GREAT thing.

Otherwise just big time spring fever for the little ones!

 

Have a great Easter Holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,

Happy Easter to you and your family!  

Our school is starting bus evac's this next week.  I have never done a bus evac drill with students yet so I have requested permission from my boss to observe.  I hope she agrees.  

Reminding them about how quickly a bus can go up in flames was a great idea.  I hope you scared the pants off of them so that none of them would try to sneak those smokes or play with lighters on the bus.  It's a very real danger.  Again, great idea.  

I'm glad you will have the opportunity to do Sports, it's an easy way to make some extra cash.  I love watching and cheering on our school at these events.  Perhaps our two schools might meet up some day.  If I ever get the chance to do Sport Trips soon, I will definately be on the look out for ya, hon!

Again, have a Happy Easter.

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great day off. Happy Easter.
Hugs, R.C.