Monday, March 13, 2006

big wind

We are having huge winds today.  Makes for interesting driving.  All school buses have a crossover gate in the front of the bus.  It's a long stick that keeps the kids from getting too close to the front of the bus.  It was so windy that a couple of people had theirs blow off their bus.  I made sure I pushed the over ride button so mine stayed in. 

I did have a scary moment though.  I was heading down the highway on top of a hill and my hatch on top of the bus popped open.  Made a HUGE noise, made me jump.

A driver hit a mailbox, another one got stuck in the mud and a third had a parent run into her.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is some wind. Be careful my friend. Love,lj

Anonymous said...

That must have been some wind. Be careful.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -
That must have been scary for you.  Anytime I hear something that I shouldn't  be hearing....it freaks me out too.  I'm glad things didn't go too wrong for you.  Our winds were very strong too.  I was sitting in the playground at the Elementary School in the middle of a huge open space.  My bus was rocking back and forth that I thought somebody was out there doing it on purpose...and this bus weighs about 10 tons....empty.  

I had to re-route my HS routes yesterday because the wind had blown down power lines across the road and in some spots the traffic lights were out making a mess of traffic.  My routes took an extra 45 minutes to complete....what a mess.

That really was some strong winds, I'm glad they have passed.

Take care, hon...
Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Wow.  I bless the bus drivers.  I am to chicken to drive something that big.  I am glad nothing major happened to you.  Big Hugs, Nicki

Anonymous said...

Dang, i'm a highschool student and i can't give you bus drivers enough credit. (I can't drive yet...parents won't let me get my permit...) ANYWAYZ, i think the hardest part is the kids. middle schoolers on the bus drive me insane evryday, we have this one who listens to music on his cd player and sings along...REALLY LOUD. Worst part is, he's TONE DEAF.