Monday, December 19, 2005

1 more day!

On Friday my grade school kids got in a ton of trouble the day before at school, so they were lectured by the principal before they put them on my bus.  Didn't do any good they were still bouncing off the walls.  I had a new driver riding along and he decided to have a "talk" with them before we took off.  BIG DEAL!  Is this goof going to ride with me the rest of the year???  And play bouncer???

I'll ride out the next two days and then during break I'll assign seats.  Just a few have ruined it for the group.  I will not punish the good for the bad.

But I must be safe.

 

I am off and running!  this afternoon and then tomorrow and I am off until January 3rd!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -

It's tough when the kids just don't listen.  It's even worse when the Principal can't even make a lasting impression on them.  Remember when that used to work on us....for days and days and days?  You're right about what you've said in the past, what is happening to kids these days? And why won't they listen to authority any more?  It's scairy.  You are a firm, clever. and fair person.  I wish you luck on your assigned seats.  

One more thing, hon.  Remember we all used to be new drivers at one time.  Your new driver might be annoying, but at least he's trying to take a stand.  There is hope for him in becoming a firm disciplinarian with these rowdy kids.  He's obviously not afraid or intimidated.  Play your cards right....train him right...and you can give these rowdy's to him!   Think about it!!!  Nice to dream isn't it?

We've got 1 more day to go before Winter Break.  AAAGGGHHH!!!  I know I should be looking forward to it...but...I'm going to go through diesel withdrawls.  I've practically gotten down on my knees before my Boss and have begged for driving jobs during the break.  Not enough seniority for me yet.  Too bad.  I will survive....somehow.

I wish you luck.  Take care.....

Kathy G.



Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your time off.
Hugs, R.C.