Thursday, September 29, 2005

i broke my bus...

Yesterday my poor service door fell apart.  The bottom had rusted out from the weather and age.  The weather striping fell off first then the whole bottom fell off.  So bus 30 was out of service yesterday and part of today.  It poured rain here yestereday afternoon and I was assigned a rear engine bus as a replacement.  I hadn't driven one in a long time.  I had monitor too, because my new junior high pm route is a bit rowdy plus my grade schoolers seem to think that screaming is ok.  I did fine. 

I ended up putting one of my problem children up front with me, she tends to get the junior high kids wound up and bouncing off the walls of the bus.  She just talked and I listened.  Seems she has some problems at home.  Explains a lot.  I am going to continue to give her the option to sit up front and talk to me. 

Some kids have it tough...I really feel like I should listen, and not judge.

 

Bless the children...

gotta go bus 30 is fixed and I need to move my stuff back into it from the other bus.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless YOU, dear heart. Like I always tell you, the children are blessed to have YOU as their driver. God knew exactly where to put you, didn't He?
Love you
Barb-

Anonymous said...

Rose, hate to hear that Bus 30 had a boo boo. You are such a good mom and person..i just know these kids look up to you and its great you take the time to listen and understand. Wish i had you as a mom when i was growing up.
XO lj