Wednesday, June 8, 2005

summer route

Today is the first day of Summer session.  I am monitoring for another driver.  We have 15 kids from preschool to 6 th grade with a variety of handicaps, including one wheelchair..  I was a special service aide for many years so I am very experienced with these special children. 

I did get a workout though.  Had to have a 3 year old show me how to hook his carseat (kidding~sort-of) but I managed to get every body settled in in a timely manner.  Our route takes over an hour because our district is huge.  I actually like monitoring it's less stressful than rushing around driving and I am all about less stress this summer.  Especially with the temps reaching 90's today with high humidity. I was done this morning by 9:00 am and will be going back at 11:15 until 1:00...not a bad summer schedule!  And I really like hanging out with the kiddo's!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't I have had you for my bus driver.  LOL I always ended up with the South Park bus Driver.  LOL Nicki

Anonymous said...

I always loved working with children too. Never rode a bus but did a huge amount of babysitting other people's children and reading stories to little ones. Loved it then, love it now. Hugs. *Barb

Anonymous said...

The kids are lucky to have you to watch them.So glad you have shorter hours and more time for yourself and family. I love kids to,but the noise gets to me sometimes. I like your journal.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

thats great that u have a good summer schedule...are u driving for summer school or soemthing?

Anonymous said...

The kids are so blessed to have someone loving taking care of them!  I am sure that you know how important you are to them.

Anonymous said...

Hats off to you! I could never drive one of those buses.

Gabreael