Tuesday, June 21, 2005

friday night shuttle

I tried to do this entry Saturday morning, but aol was being goofy so here's an update...

On Friday night I drove the shuttle for the fest.  The bus on the left looks a lot like the one I drove.  It sat 30 people, but not too many folks knew what I was doing driving back and forth from one side of the school to the other, so I didn't gett to many takers..  I mostly had to dodge people walking back to the carnival from the band concert.  I don't think too many foks realized that I was there to serve them!  But I did have about 40 people and I was thanked profusely by an elderly lady who was cold and tired after the band concert. 

Toward the end of the evening my daughter road with me so that passed the time.

All and all it was a good night.  Next year though the need really BIG SIGNS ! on the bus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting night.  I would have lost my patience about a zillion times byt the end of the night.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

yeah big signs might help alot, lol...glad it was a good night tho

Anonymous said...

Thats a cool looking bus...i am glad it went quickly for you! Love ya, lisa

Anonymous said...

Even only one thank-you can make the day worth it.  You have more patience than me though because I would have gotten annoyed after a few times.  KJ

Anonymous said...

Rose -  Sounds like some fun...but I would have wanted to have driven the bus on the right!!!  Have you ever driven a Charter Bus?  That's my next goal!!!  I've got my first real driving assignment with my new job tomorrow.  I drove for a K-8 district for 2 years, now I have taken on a new job with our High School...aka, more driving!!  Tomorrow will be a long day 9AM-6PM, driving football to a clinic.  Gotta sit in the bus in the parking lot ALL DAY....it's gonna be 91 degrees tomorrow!  OUCH!!!  I'm from the O'Hare area....I think you're not too far from me...what area are you in?  Enjoy reading your journals.....

Kathy