Monday, June 27, 2005

monday in bus 501

  After hearing all these horror stories about bus 501, the very bus that is assigned to my new route, I was quite pleasantly suprised to find it a fine bus.  It's alttle one, a "short" bus, and the oldest in our fleet, but it drives fine.  It's motor gives off alot of heat but the 2 fans work fine and I wasn't too hot.

My student does not talk only plops himself in the backseat and ignores me, even when I talk to him.  I have a way of getting even the silent types to talk so we shall see.  Otherwise the 1/2 hour trip will be fine if it's quiet, as there is a alot of traffic to the out of district special school he attends.

There are probably 20 buses that line up at this small center and the parking lot is very small.  We have to pull in and then turn around.  Cars, vans and even a limo try to cut in or drive down the center of the road.  No wonder there has been a couple of accidents involving one of our contracted buses.  I am in no hurry and safety is #1 to me...so I just sit, scope out the situtation and then make my move. 

Such excitement for a summer route!

And yes Kathy ( I tried to email you but your screen name wouldn't let me!) I would love to drive a passanger bus someday, makes for interesting people...also the town I live in is 45 miiles southwest of Chicago, which isn't too far from O'Hare...WOW do you drive the interstates???  YOU are brave, I drove to Lombard once last summer and I88 was a mess!.  Enjoy your charter!!! 

Take care...drive safe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that bus ur driving is fine and that you like ur new route! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Glad you feel comfortable with the bus. Mostly, hon, I'm glad you're not to HOT.
Hugs. Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
It is so good that you like your job,and I believe you will have the little boy talking before long.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I can just see it now before long that boy will not be quiet with you at all.  LOL Big Hugs, Nicki