Tuesday, August 22, 2006

a new school/a new bus!

 

School officially starts Thursday, August 31st.  My old bus 30, was retired this year!  Her replacement is a shiny new 2007 model.  Electric doors and everything!  I did not get my old friend's replacement, and since I am in the middle of the seniority list I knew I would not.  I could have picked a 2006 or even a 2005, the newer type buses with their electric doors and parking brakes.  But I chose bus 60, a 2004 model that was lovingly taken care of by a girl that started when I did.  She quit this year, but I chose her old bus knowing it is the style I am used to and perfer.  It has the manual type service door and emergency brake you set with a long rod type thingy (thingy is that correct??!!). 

I also picked my daily routes, they are sweet too, I will dry run tomorrow and let you all know if my choice was a wise one.  Oh course I won't know for sure until school starts!

On Thursday I will pick my midday routes.  I am hoping to get an Early childhood route again and of course my same monitor as last year.  Working with good people is alway a big plus!

It's good to be back!   Much more to come!

 

2006 --- 2007 will be a great school year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i want a pic of Bus # 60!
love,lj

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -

Does that now mean that your Journal name will change to "Life on School Bus #60"?  Tee-hee!

You sure like to labor more than you have to.....I would cringe when I had to drive a bus with a manual type service door and emergency brake with a long rod type thingy!  I much prefer the modern conveniences that are offered now!

You will find that mid-line of discipline that works.  Last year you had a lot of tests to your patience level and a lot of practice of what works.  Your kids last year was not an easy group, especially your Junior High girls!  

Just try to remember, its Liz's last year.....try not to embarass her....I know my kids hate it when they think that I have done that to them.  

Keep us posted on your extras......and I look forward to hearing all of your good stories for the 2006/2007 school year!   Send a picture of Bus #60 when you can!

Love,
Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Are you still driving the bus? There hasn't been an entry for a while.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard