Sunday, July 23, 2006

I drove by our department's shop the other day and saw my old friend bus 30 sitting with the other buses that are going to be retired.  I felt a tug of sadness when I saw the old girl.  Like anyone who drives for a living or owns a vehicle that they depend on you feel a certain bond.  I will miss that bus. 

I subbed the other day and drove a brand new van style bus, with an electric service door.  I really perfer a manual door, but I guess I should progress with the future.  I tend to be an old timer when it comes to change...I don't care for it!

We got our schedules for the upcoming school year.  We start our training the middle of August.  So I have over 3 weeks of freedom!  School doesn't even start until August 31st.  So I am going to enjoy the rest of the nice, hot summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have never had a real attachment to a car...i just always pray the damn things run.

School starts here on 8/23. I dont know how to feel about that. Meg will be a senior and Chad, a freshman.
God help me.
XO XO XO
lisa

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Bus 30 is like your old friend.  Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

There is a special smell that old school buses have, too.